Terms Of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by PTI, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your 47Questions.com Account and Site. If you register to 47questions.com, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and login details, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the Website. You must not describe or assign text to the Website in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and PTI may change or remove any text that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause PTI liability. You must immediately notify PTI of any unauthorized uses of your username, your account or any other breaches of security. PTI will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors.If you post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
your username is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your username is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by PTI or otherwise.
By submitting Content to PTI for inclusion on your Website, you grant PTI a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Content. If you delete Content, PTI will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, PTI has the right (though not the obligation) to, in PTI’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in PTI’s reasonable opinion, violates any PTI policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in PTI’s sole discretion. PTI will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
3. Payment and Renewal.
Optional paid services such as buying userpoints are available on the Website (any such services, an “Promo”). By selecting an Promo you agree to pay PTI the fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you buy the Promo and will get that question the 1000 extra userpoints which will be given for a user for an answer to that question. Promo fees are not refundable and userpoints are not transferable to real money.
Promo fees are single payments and will not renew.
4. Responsibility of Website Visitors. PTI has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, PTI does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. PTI disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
5. Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which 47Questions.com links, and that link to 47Questions.com. PTI does not have any control over those non-47Questions websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-47Questions website or webpage, PTI does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. PTI disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-47Questions websites and webpages.
6. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As PTI asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by 47Questions.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify PTI. PTI will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. PTI will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of PTI or others. In the case of such termination, PTI will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to PTI.
7. Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from PTI to you any PTI or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with PTI. PTI, 47Questions, 47Questions.com, the 47Questions.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with 47Questions.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTI or PTI’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any PTI or third-party trademarks.
8. Advertisements. PTI reserves the right to display advertisements on the Website.
9. Changes. PTI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. PTI may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
10. Termination. PTI may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your 47Questions.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
11. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. PTI and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither PTI nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
12. Limitation of Liability. In no event will PTI, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to PTI under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. PTI shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
14. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless PTI, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
15. Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between PTI and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of PTI, or by the posting by PTI of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of Finland, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in Finland. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in Kouvola, Finland, in the Finnish language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; PTI may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
Your privacy is important to us:
We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, or protect our rights.
We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact us via the feedback form.
PT Innovations (“PTI”) operates 47questions.com. It is PTI’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, PTI collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. PTI’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how PTI’s visitors use its website. From time to time, PTI may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
PTI also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving questions, answers or comments on 47Questions.com. PTI only discloses logged in user and writer IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to PTI’s websites choose to interact with PTI in ways that require PTI to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that PTI gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at 47Questions.com to provide a username and email address. PTI does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
PTI may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. PTI may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, PTI does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
PTI discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on PTI’s behalf or to provide services available at PTI’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using PTI’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. PTI will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, PTI discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when PTI believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of PTI, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user of an PTI website and have supplied your email address, PTI may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with PTI and our products. We expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. PTI takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If PTI, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that PTI goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of PTI may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.